Dr. Marvin Olasky, Editor-in-Chief of WORLD Magazine is back for another week of "Newsmakers" interviews! This April, he will be interviewing 11 national leaders covering topics of political strategy, public policy, religious liberty, criminal justice reform, gender identity, and philanthropy.
Join us April 2-10, 2019 in the Barbara Hodel Center in person or online to participate in these sessions. We encourage you to share this exciting opportunity with your local community. Admission is free and open to the public.
1. Justin Giboney: The "And Campaign" for Redemptive Justice
Atlanta attorney and political strategist. Co-chair of Obama for America's Gen-44-Atlanta Initiative
2. Emma Green: The Washington Merry-Go-Round
Staff writer at The Atlantic, covering politics, policy, and religion
3. Daniel Darling: How Christian Can Have a Positive Impact on American Society
Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission vice president and the author of The Dignity Campaign
4. John Peckham: How to Square God's Omniscience, Omnipotence, & Loving Character with the Enormity of Suffering in the World
Author of The Theodicy of Love
5. Stephanos Bibas: How Christians Should Think Through Criminal Justice Reform
Circuit Judge for the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, who previously was a professor of law and criminology at the University of Pennsylvania Law School
6. Rosaria Butterfield: From Lesbian to Christian & the Importance of Christian Hospitality
Author of The Gospel Comes With a House Key and other books
7. Brian Miller: Inside the Government
former inspector general of the General Services Administration and special counsel on health care fraud, now senior associate counsel to President Donald Trump.
8. Taylor Barkley & Elise Daniel: The Libertarian Option
Washington communications and technology staffers, and authors of Called to Freedom: How You Can Be Christian & Libertarian
9. Karl Zinsmeister: How to Become a Philanthropist
Chief domestic policy adviser to President George W. Bush, now vice president of Philanthropy Roundtable
10. Kelly Shackelford: Religious Freedom Cases in Maryland & Elsewhere
CEO of First Liberty Institute, a Texas-based nonprofit legal firm dedicated to defending religious freedom
For more details about the individual newsmakers, times, and live-stream information, visit the Newsmakers Home Page.
We can't wait to see you there!