To glorify God, and to memorialize and honor the life of Mrs. Joanne C. Hand. Her example of enthusiastic service to the Lord as a faithful and loving wife, mother, grandmother, and great-grandmother, active participation in her local church, and daily life were an inspiration to many. A firm believer in the value of an excellent education, she encouraged her daughter, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren with her Christian and patriotic values in the hope they would become contributors to their communities. May the recipients of this scholarship use their education in useful service to further Christ's witness and protect liberty.
It is the donor's intent that the scholarships shall be awarded according to the following preferred criteria:
1. Be an incoming student at Patrick Henry College.
2. Demonstrate evidence of financial need.
3. Become a member of and an active participant in the Community Involvement Commission (CIC) as overseen by the PHC Office of Student Life. The organization hosting the CIC events must be a known Christian organization.
4. Must read and sign Patrick Henry College's Statement of Faith annually in the presence of a member of the Office of Student Life in order to remain eligible to receive the Joanne C. Hand Memorial Scholarship.
5. Maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA in every semester except for reasons of health or other good reason approved by the dean of Students.
Annual Award: $500; Renewable up to 4 years
Questions? Contact the PHC Financial Aid Office.