Textbooks and required readings are available at the library's circulation desk for a 2 hour check out, in-library use only.
- Stratfor: Global Intelligence is a news analysis provider that covers political, economic, and military developments from around the world.
- JSTOR collection contains complete issues of thousands of scholarly journals in a wide range of disciplines. Issues from the most recent two to five years for each title are not included in the collection.
- ProQuest and Academic Search Premier contain thousands of articles in broad areas of social sciences and law. For the most current sources on a subject, limit search to the last year or last 2 - 3 years.
- LexisNexis provides access to a wide range business, government, legal and reference information, as well as full-text newspapers.
- eBooks provides access to over 65,000+ academic, full-text, electronic books that can be accessed immediately on your computer. On first use, patrons are prompted to create a userID and password for future access.
Search the catalog using the following Library of Congress subject headings:
Communism --History --20th Century
Europe --Politics and government
Europe --History--20th Century
- Defense and Foreign Affairs (Online 1997 - present)
- Foreign Affairs (In print 1998 - present and online 1997-present)
- Foreign Policy Bulletin (Online 2003 - one year ago)
- Orbis (In print 2003 - present)
- Search by subject: Once you have located one item in the catalog, you may click on the subject term within the record to find other items on the same or similar, subjects.
- Once you have located a helpful article or book, use the item's bibliography to locate additional helpful resources.
- Use appropraite databases to locate articles on a particular subject and limit search to scholarly articles and to the desired date ranges.
- Interlibrary loan (ILL): If you are unable to locate an item in the PHC online or on campus collection, you may request resources through Interlibrary loan. ILL requests may be made directly into the library database WorldCat. If you have difficulty requesting an ILL in WorldCat, you may use the form on the website or request assistance from any of the library staff. Once you locate an appropriate resource, potential valuable resources may be listed in the item's bibliography.
Turabian is the approved citation format for this course. Information on proper Turabian citation is available in the PHC collection or online at OWL.
Created: Dr. Stephen Baskerville/Thornhill, 2013. Reviewed: Baskerville/Thornhill, 2014, 2016.