Under the direction of the Vice President for Advancement, the Development Officer is responsible for the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major gifts to the College. The Development Officer will also be involved in many advancement related tasks such as alumni relations, social media promotion, PHC website maintenance and content management, marketing, communications, and other projects as defined by the Vice President for Advancement.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Travel extensively, both regionally and nationally, for the purpose of prospect field research and prospect and donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
• A significant amount of time is devoted to conducting face-to-face contacts with prospects and donors.
• Manage a personal caseload of current and prospective donors.
• Cultivate relationships with key individuals, corporations and foundations.
• Make gift solicitations after determining the appropriate amount, time, and project.
• Assist on marketing and communication projects.
• Assist in managing PHC website and social media content
• Develop and maintain the relationship between PHC and the alumni
• Assist with the planning and execution of development events.
• Help out in other areas of the Development Office as needed.
• Foster good communications with other areas of the College.
• Enthusiastic support for Patrick Henry College’s mission and statement of faith.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
• Three years’ experience in fundraising, sales, public relations, or marketing.
• Willingness to travel 35 percent of the time.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven ability, experience and desire to build relationships with people of influence and affluence.
• Strong computer skills.
• Ability to handle numerous projects simultaneously.
• Self-starter who is willing to work remotely as needed.
• Results oriented team player.
• Demonstrated attention to detail.
EMPLOYEE CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, exempt
The College offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits program, including comprehensive health and dental coverage and a 401(k) plan. All employees must enthusiastically support the College’s mission and Statement of Faith. To apply, send cover letter, resume, salary requirement, and list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.