Timeline: Contest begins Tuesday, August 19th and ends Tuesday, August 26th at midnight.
Rules: Participating freshmen must take six of the twelve suggested photo opportunities and post them on Instagram, using the hashtag #phcclassof2018 and tagging PHC’s Instagram handle @patrickhenrycol. Be sure to use both the hashtag and tag Patrick Henry College. The Office of Communications will select a first, second, and third place winner. Winners will be announced on Patrick Henry College’s official Facebook page on Wednesday, August 27.
Judging Criteria: Winners will be judged on creativity and humor (i.e. make us laugh).
Prizes: First place receives a gift card to Market Burger; second place receives a gift card to Harris Teeter; third place receives a card for two free subs at Jersey Mike's Subs.
Details: After the contest, PHC may post contest pictures on their social media pages.
- Photo of you and your roomie(s) moving into your dorm
- Photo of you with two other freshmen pretending to have a battle by Lake Bob
- Photo of you reenacting a scene from your favorite movie on Town Hall’s stage
- Photo of you in a classroom or with a professor
- Photo of you in the library with one other freshman with the on-reserve copy of Beowulf
- Photo of you working out in the workout room
- Photo of you with your admission’s counselor
- Photo of you and another freshman on the soccer field
- Photo of you eating your favorite food in the cafeteria
- Photo of you with your RA
- Photo of what you are most excited for at PHC
- Photo of what you are most excited for in Purcellville